1. "A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."
2. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then
subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to
work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is
inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the
promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in
love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and
this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it,
we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the
pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one
tree and not two.
3. "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."
4. "In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."
5. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
6. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
7. "Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life."
8. "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."
9. "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour
of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
10. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."